Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Modern Sampler Workshop

At our June meeting, I floated the idea of doing a Modern Improvisational Sampler workshop. I had read that a few other MQGs were doing something similar and I loved the idea.  Well, apparently so did everyone else, because it's a go!


Laura, Linda and I put together a super fun fat quarter bundle, available at Seminole Sampler. Other supplies needed are approximately 1 1/2 yards of background fabric and backing fabric (the fq bundle yields enough for a scrappy binding!) You can find the details here.

This is my sample:


The plan is to complete six blocks in the workshop, and then the remaining three will be offered at subsequent meetings of the MQG. So mark your calendars for Saturday, August 25th, 10:30-5 PM for a fun filled day of modern improv quilting!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I live in Annapolis, MD and am looking to join a quild. I am interested in finding out more about yours. Could you direct me? I have sent an email, but have not heard back. I appreciate your time (and love this sample!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya!

    Email me at baltimoremqg@gmail.com and I can help you, or, go to our website http://www.baltimoremqg.webs.com/ and on the side bar click on register and you should be all set! We look forward to having you as a member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love this idea!!! looks like a lot of fun, too. Katie

    ReplyDelete